‘Eating disorder’ is an umbrella term for conditions associated with eating. There are four common diagnoses; anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, BED (binge eating disorder or binge eating syndrome) and EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified). An EDNOS diagnosis usually means that some of the criteria for anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa are met, but not all. Each condition requires treatment, and all have severe medical and psychiatric consequences for the sufferer.
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you are worried that you have, or you are developing and eating disorder:
- Do you worry about losing control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost more than five kilograms in the last three months?
- Do you think you are too fat, while others often comment that you are thin?
- Do you ever induce vomiting after eating?
- Do thoughts about food or eating dominate you life?
We are happy to provide more information about eating disorders and talk to you about how we can help you.
Please contact us on +46 (0)8 556 406 00.